Pigmentation Treatment / Hyperpigmentation
How is Acne caused?
Patients should understand that the causes of acne and acne scar pertain to the hormonal and physical changes young men and women experience while growing from childhood to puberty. Scientific studies suggest that the hormones responsible for physical growth also trigger the oil glands of the skin to generate more oil, especially androgens. Acne victims’ skin cells shed and gum together even more, mixing with the increased amount of oil on the skin and corking the gap of the follicle. The follicles then swell up with the oil, triggering acne followed by acne scar.
Acne is also prompted by a skin bacterium called P. acne. In some people, this bacteria starts to grow swiftly in the already swollen hair follicle, producing substances that can lead to burning sensation on the skin. At times, the follicle walls explode, spreading inflammation to the adjacent skin. This is how acne turns from blackheads to pimples and nodules.
How long does skin pigmentation on the face take to fade after laser treatment?
Does laser treatment work effectively for Hyperpigmentation?
- For lighter skin tones, high-beam lasers and IPL therapy are the off-limits
- For medium skin tones, the options to treat hyperpigmentation are: chemical peels and microdermabrasion
- For Darker skin tones, the hyperpigmentation treatments include a combination of the following treatments:
- Kojic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Laser treatments
- OTC lightening creams
- Lower-strength chemical peels
Benefits of pigmentation treatment
- It is a painless and almost comfortable procedure. The amount of discomfort depends on person’s sensitivity to light while treating post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Hyperpigmentation is a safe procedure. It doesn’t affect surrounding tissues of the skin
- Hyperpigmentation is effective for freckle removal as well. The treatment takes only 15 to 30 minutes
- The Hyperpigmentation treatment can be performed in several sessions as well.
Dermalase is the place to get laser and skin treatments
Dermalase offers the best treatment for pigmentation on the face or hyperpigmentation on the lips treatment. Aesthetic Physician Dr. Shumaila Khan is an expert in treating lasers and performing laser therapy for skin problems. She is a foreign qualified dermatologist and consults the patients before providing the treatment. Dermalase offers best in line equipment and dermatologically tested tools to be used on the clients to maintain quality of international standards.