Nail Disorders – The Diagnosis and Treatment
Nail disorders have become very common these days; however, the condition may be hard to diagnose with certitude and henceforth prescribe treatment.
Some common nail disorders include the following:
- In growing toenail – This is a common nail disorder caused by a combination of factors, including improper nail trimming, poorly fitting shoes and hyperhidrosis. This condition usually starts with pain and it may promote to infection and create difficulty in walking.
- Beau’s lines – This nail disorder condition is often triggered by short-term disruption of normal nail growth induced by certain illness.
- Green nails – This type of nail disorder is triggered by pseudomonal infection.
- Blue nails – Blue nails are often caused by the use of anti-malarial drugs.
- Black nails – This kind of nail disorder is caused by vitamin B12 deficiency, Peutz-Jeghers syndrome and post-irritation. Black nails amy also be a sign of malignant melanoma.
- White nails (Leukonychia) – This type of nail disorder is caused by minor trauma, severe liver diseases, fungal infection and renal failure or it may be congenital.
- Yellow nail – Yellow nails are widely linked with peripheral ymphoedema and exudative pleural effusions,
- Clubbing – Enlargement of the soft tissue of the fingers or toes may cause finger clubbing. This condition may also be sign of diseases, such as heart disease, lung cancer, cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis, infective endocarditis etc.
There are dozens of other nail disorders. A dermatological consultation session would help diagnose which type of nail disorder you are having. Dr. Shumaila is a board certified dermatologist and specialists in diagnosing and treating conditions that affect human aesthetics, including nails, skin and hair. If you notice any symptoms of nail disorder, including change in colour of your nails, bleeding from their sides of your nail, abnormal nail growth, change in shape of your nails or thinning or thickening of your nails, you should immediately book a consultation session with Dr. Shumaila.
Timely diagnosis and proper treatment of nail disorders have been noted to be effective in getting the condition under control and finally treated. The Dermalase is equipped with sophisticated with technologies to diagnose and treat you nail disorder.
Book a consultation session with Dr. Shumaila Khan now!