Dermatologist Dr. Shumaila Khan
Nail disorders Treatment in Islamabad
What are a few nail diseases and disorders?
Some common nail disorders include the following:
- Ingrown toenail – This is one of the common nail diseases and disorders caused by a combination of factors, including improper nail trimming, poorly fitting shoes and hyperhidrosis. This condition usually starts with pain and it may promote infection and create difficulty in walking.
- Beau’s lines – This is another type of nail disease and disorders condition is often triggered by short-term disruption of normal nail growth induced by certain illness.
- Green nails – This type of nail disorder is triggered by pseudomonas
- Blue nails – Blue nails are often caused by the use of antimalarial
- Black nails – This kind of nail disorder is caused by vitamin B12 deficiency, Peutz-Jeghers syndrome and post-irritation. Black nails also are a sign of malignant melanoma.
- White nails (Leukonychia) – This type of nail disorder is caused by minor trauma, severe liver diseases, fungal infection and renal failure or it may be congenital.
- Yellow nail – Yellow nails are widely linked with peripheral lymphoedema and exudative pleural effusions,
- Clubbing – Enlargement of the soft tissue of the fingers or toes may cause finger clubbing. This condition may also be a sign of diseases, such as heart disease, lung cancer, cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis, infective endocarditis etc.
Rush to Dermalase for any nail disorder ( especially koilonychias)
There are dozens of other nail disorders. A dermatological consultation session would help diagnose which type of nail disorder you are having. Dr. Shumaila is a board certified dermatologist and specialists in diagnosing and treating conditions that affect human aesthetics, including nails, skin and hair. If you notice any symptoms of nail disorder, including change in colour of your nails, bleeding from their sides of your nail, abnormal nail growth, change in shape of your nails or thinning or thickening of your nails, you should immediately book a consultation session with Dr. Shumaila.
Find the best dermatologist for koilonychias treatment in Islamabad
Timely diagnosis and proper treatment of nail disorders have been noted to be effective in getting the condition under control and finally treated. The Dermalase is equipped with sophisticated technologies to diagnose and treat your nail disorder and the related koilonychias causes.
Book a consultation session with Dr. Shumaila Khan now!