Summer is already here and it is time for us to enjoy those fun evenings in the park or at the beach with our friends and family. Despite all the fun, at the end of the day we are left with ugly sun tan on the face which takes away the fun from the fun filled day. Due to the lack of time, most of us opt for short solutions such as bleaches or other chemically intensive cosmetic products. While these products can produce the desired result, they can take a serious toll on your delicate skin and produce ugly looking side effects in the long run. Therefore, it is advised to employ home remedies to get rid of the tan which not only heal the damage in a natural way but which helps you get a clear face naturally.
Sun Tan Protection
While getting sun tan is a healthy way of promoting healthy Vitamin D production, it can lead to a lot of issues. So when you are setting out to get your fair share of sun, make sure to follow these tips:
- Find the sunscreen compatible with your skin type which also features UVA Protection/Broad Spectrum Protection.
- Make sure to use plenty of sunscreen every day, even during the winter. Make sure to know about the time of the day when UV rays enter the earth and protect yourself from them.
- Also make sure to employ ample protective gear such as Hats and Glasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- Last but not in any way the least, don’t use tanning beds. No matter what the salon owners tell you, tanning beds have been deemed one of the highest causes for cancer.
The Dark Side of the Sun Tan
Although there are a lot of benefits to getting a sun tan, excessive exposure to the sun can accelerate the melanin production which leads to darkening of the exposed area on the skin. The adverse effects of the sun usually occur on the parts exposed to the sun, such as, the neck, face, legs and arms. Owing to that, sun tan can cause the following problems:
- Fine Lines
- Premature skin aging
- Dark Spots
- Skin Cancer (In extreme cases)
Some Homebrew Remedies
Instead of jumping into a vat of cosmetic products, using these wholesome face packs can provide with a natural glow. The best part is that these remedies involve ingredients which can be easily found in your kitchen and are very easy to make.
- Rose Water, Lemon Juice and Cucumber Pack
- Turmeric and Bengal Gram Flour (Besan) Pack
- Honey and Papaya Face Pack
- Yoghurt, Lemon Juice and Tomato Pack
- Red Lentil (Masoor Daal), Tomato and Aloe Vera Pack
- Yoghurt and Orange Juice Pack
- Lemon Juice and Potato Pack
These are just some of the combinations which can help you rejuvenate the skin and bring it back to its former glory.
If you still want professional help and want to know more about protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun, book an appointment with Dr. Shumaila Khan at Dermalase now.