The human body naturally produces oils to keep the skin healthy, but too much of the oils can be counter productive when it comes to the appearance of the skin. Blemishes and acne scars are often a result of excessive oils produced by the human body.
“The good news is that there exist a number of ways to treat oily skin,” says Dr. Shumaila, the lead dermatologist at Dermalase. “Treatment for oily skin may start from over-the-counter cleansers and include dermatologist prescribed gels to a range of cosmetic treatment options.”
According to Dr. Shumaila, androgen level shoot up during puberty in both male and female, ultimately prompting the skin’s oil glands to hit maturity. At this point, the human body starts to produce more oils, which quash the skin and make it appear oily. This condition can continue into adulthood. As a matter of fact, people having oily skin tend to suffer from acne followed by acne scars.
If you are suffering from oily skin, speak to Dr. Shumaila for examination of your skin’s oil production. Treatments bay from skin to skin, but a number of treatment options are available for oily skin, including the following:
1. Topical retinoid treatments for oily Skin: Proved to be effective in 20-30 percent of patients. This treatment has been primarily designed to treat acne, but can also have great affect on oily skin. Treatment must be taken under doctor’s observation.
2. Hormonal treatments for oily skin: Used primarily to treat oily skin in females, this method takes in the use of oral contraceptive pills having anti-androgens.
3. Chemical peels for oily skin: Chemical peels methods, such as AHA acid peels, are often used as a method of make-shift oily skin reduction. This method is often used in combination with topical retinoids for good outcomes.
4. Roaccutane treatments ( not to be taken without doctor advice) for oily skin: Deemed as one of the treatment for oily skins that give the most appropriate and expected results, the use of roaccuatane gives both instant and long run outcomes. Dr. Shumaila says that ion a majority of patients, this treatment option often comes as a permanent solution for severs acne oily skin.
5. The use of cleansers: qualified dermatologists, including Dr. Shumaila, agree that the best way to treat oily skin is to cleanse your skin two times a day, normally in the morning and night. However, there exist certain effective cleansing methods and strategies. Book an appointment with Dr. Shumaila to know the cleansing tips and strategies.
1. The use of toners
2. Medicated pads
3. Blotting paper
4. Hydra Facial for oily & acne pron skin
Dr. Shumaila comes up with individual treatment plan for every patient with oily skin. She often uses a combination of treatment options, depending on your skin condition. If you are suffering from oily skin, get an appointment with Dr. Shumail now!