Hair Transplant FAQs
- What factors cause hair loss?
A number of factors can be held responsible for hair loss in both men and women; however, most common are male pattern and female pattern baldness – a genetically inherited attribute.
- Who can be a good candidate for hair transplant?
Besides having good health, the only requirement for hair transplant is that the individual should have good hair density at the rear and sides of the head to qualify for a donor.
- Can women be candidates for hair transplantation?
Yes, women can qualify to be good candidates for hair transplant surgery when they are having female pattern baldness that resembles bale pattern baldness or if hair loss is localized.
- Can young adults be good candidates for hair transplantation?
Young adults should be candidates for hair transplantation, but not so often. It has been noted that some worst problems arise in the long run when one undergoes hair transplant too early in life. However, Dr. Shumaila can best tell after examining your condition.
- Can a poor performed hair transplant be corrected?
Armed with this age’s cutting edge technologies, Dr. Shumaila can correct hair transplants that may have been poorly performed in the past. However, you should have a consultation session with Dr. Shumaila for confirmation.
- How much does hair transplant cost?
Cost of hair transplantation varies from case to case and depends on the type of transplantation being performed. Contact our clinic for more details.
- Will Dr. Shumaila carry out my hair transplantation procedure?Yes, Dr. Shumaila personally carries out all transplantation procedures.
- How long does a hair transplantation surgery take?
Transplanting 2500 grafts takes about 6 to 7 hours. This time is inclusive of harvesting the donor region, taking out the follicles and implanting them in the recipient area.
- How many follow-up sessions will hair transplant patients need?
Only 2 or 3. Just after your surgery is performed, your dressing will be taken out. In around 9 to 11 days, your sutures will be taken out from the donor area.
- Is there any risk involved in hair transplantation?
Healing issues can develop in the donor area, but it has minimum chances for first time patients. Numbness can be felt in the donor area. Infections and healing problems are very rare
- Is the surgery painful? Is the patient under anesthesia?
Minimal pain can be felt during the procedure. Local anesthesia can be used to numb the donor and recipient area.